It took nearly thirty minutes to read all 704 veterans’ names. These were not the few who died in service, but the many who died over the past year throughout New Hampshire. When Jerome Forte’s name was called, Dennie Forte stood and walked to the front of the hall at Manchester’s Veterans Affairs Medical Center. There, Democratic U.S. Senator Maggie Hassan handed her a rose. The ritual would repeat itself hundreds of times that morning. Forte’s husband – he went by Jerry -- died from a brain...
- What Happens To That Aluminum Can You Just Recycled?
- An ICE Arrest After A Workers’ Comp Meeting Has Lawyers Questioning If It Was Retaliation
- We Must Not Go Back to the Bad, Old Days of Homelessness
- Build A House? Shuck An Oyster? Maine Maker Does It All
- In Manchester, Combining Social Work and Police Work to Help Troubled Kids