A commission studying the potential impact of legalizing, regulating and taxing marijuana for recreational use in New Hampshire is starting its work. The Legislature created the commission earlier this year, and it will hold its first meeting on Tuesday. Members include lawmakers, representatives from several state agencies and industries, including banking, law enforcement and the medical community. Matt Simon of the Marijuana Policy Project has raised concerns about the group, noting that...
- ‘I Was Afraid Of Him And Of Immigration’: Domestic Violence Survivors Take Chance Applying For Special Visa
- Broad Jurisdiction Of U.S. Border Patrol Raises Concerns About Racial Profiling
- One Woman’s Quest To Help With Food And Family In Puerto Rico
- To Keep Native Medicinal Knowledge Alive, Leaders Organize Plant Walks
- Land Conservationists Worry Power Plant Will Fragment Forest, Harm Species