The town of Londonderry is suing pharmaceutical makers for their alleged role in fueling the opioid crisis, joining hundreds of other municipalities across the country. Lawyers representing Londonderry filed a 168-page petition in federal court on Monday accusing a group of pharmaceutical companies including Purdue Pharma, maker of OxyContin, of false marketing and pushing prescription opioids. “These pharmaceutical companies aggressively advertised to and persuaded doctors to prescribe...
- Ancient Sturgeon Slowly Recovering In Lake Champlain, But Protection Efforts Still A Priority
- Recent Human Smuggling Cases Shine Light On Vermont-Canada Border
- In Sanctuary To Avoid Deportation, Immigrant Needs Emergency Appendix Surgery
- Re-Discovered Tapes Detail Memories of New England Holocaust Survivors
- Facing Rider Fury, Steamship Authority To Undergo Top-To-Bottom Audit