Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Nashua Runner Races Boston Marathon For Beloved Guide Dog
- Meet Peter Biello, NHPR's New 'All Things Considered' Host
- At GOP Summit, 2016 Contenders Work To Impress N.H. Base
- Workers With Disabilities Will Be Paid At Least Minimum Wage In New Hampshire
Kate’s public radio career started at Keene State College as a volunteer DJ with the University’s student run station, WKNH, where she hosted a Sunday afternoon folk music program, Fiddlesticks for six years. In 1986 after graduating, Kate was offered a position with WKNE in Keene where she worked her way to become production coordinator, copywriter, full-time program director and morning drive personality for AM 1290. When WKNE-AM became an automated station, Kate moved on to work for WKXE and WRSI as well as nonprofit work. In 1995, Kate was asked to host The Folk Show on New Hampshire Public Radio. In addition to her studio work, Kate emcees festivals and concerts throughout the Northeast. Kate works full-time at Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene as Coordinator of the Cheshire Coalition for Tobacco-Free Communities and teaches radio broadcasting at Keene State College as an adjunct faculty member of the Communications Department.