Most Active Stories
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- O'Brien Nominated Once Again For N.H. House Speaker
11 for '11
Tue January 11, 2011
11 for '11: Sherry Turkle
How has technology changed the ways that we interact with one another? Sherry Turkle's Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other is the third in a trilogy exploring this question. Social networking, e-mail and texting, Turkle says, provide the façade of socialization but ultimately leave their users dissatisfied and disconnected. It may be time to reflect and reconsider the role we really want technology to play in our lives.