Most Active Stories
- The Man Who Turned Life Into Magic
- Construction of Balsams Could Begin In June, But There Is A $28 Million Catch
- Incidents Of Abuse And Neglect Plague New Hampshire's Lakeview Rehab Center
- Last Living Shakers Authorize N.H. Craftsman To Produce Iconic Chair
- N.H. Bill Would Ban Smoking In Cars When Children Under 18 Are Present
Tue August 6, 2013
130 Get Dinner And A Movie In Downtown Dover
About 130 people gathered in Dover's outdoor Cocheco Mill Courtyard Tuesday night for dinner and a movie, organized by Community Events of Nashua.
A crowd is seated on white folding chairs, nibbling on macadamia-encrusted Ahi, among other things on a menu from nearby restaurant Blue Latitudes. They await this evening's entertainment: Jaws.
Chris Smith is here with his two sons. He says he's looking forward to going back in time.
I saw Jaws when it first came out, yeah, it's very unforgettable.
Chris Malloy runs the Nashua-based production company that put on the event.
This is a concept -- dinner and a movie series -- that we produced last year with the Nashua Chamber of Commerce.
He says his for-profit production company had technical assistance from Dover's downtown revitalization group, Dover Main Street, and funding assistance from two sponsors. Three similar events are scheduled for later this summer.