Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Tue August 6, 2013
130 Get Dinner And A Movie In Downtown Dover
About 130 people gathered in Dover's outdoor Cocheco Mill Courtyard Tuesday night for dinner and a movie, organized by Community Events of Nashua.
A crowd is seated on white folding chairs, nibbling on macadamia-encrusted Ahi, among other things on a menu from nearby restaurant Blue Latitudes. They await this evening's entertainment: Jaws.
Chris Smith is here with his two sons. He says he's looking forward to going back in time.
I saw Jaws when it first came out, yeah, it's very unforgettable.
Chris Malloy runs the Nashua-based production company that put on the event.
This is a concept -- dinner and a movie series -- that we produced last year with the Nashua Chamber of Commerce.
He says his for-profit production company had technical assistance from Dover's downtown revitalization group, Dover Main Street, and funding assistance from two sponsors. Three similar events are scheduled for later this summer.