Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Around the Nation
Mon February 10, 2014
2 Men And A Frozen Lake Ends Poorly For Spinning Truck
Originally published on Mon February 10, 2014 7:45 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with the story of two men, a truck and a frozen lake. Police say the two men were driving on the ice of Lake George in New York. They started cutting doughnuts, you know, spinning the truck in circles, but they got more spinning than they bargained for. The fast-moving truck hit a snow bank and rolled over again and again and again. Think of it as doing vertical doughnuts, which ended with the men slightly injured and the truck landing on its roof.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.