Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Third Coast Festival
Fri November 25, 2011
2011 Third Coast Festival Broadcast
Each fall the Third Coast International Audio Festival brings the best new documentaries produced worldwide to the national airwaves in a special two-hour program. The 2011 broadcast includes evocative stories, from the tale of a young woman coaxed out of a coma by her boyfriend, to the insightful exploration of Tea Party politics in Michigan through a friendship gone awry. Host Gwen Macsai, an award-winning writer, producer and humorist, is our guide through this annual tour of the world's best new documentaries. Plus, you'll hear interviews with winning producers Jad Abumrad of Radiolab, Nick van der Kolk of Love+Radio and Ben Calhoun of This American Life; and highlights from the 2011 Third Coast Awards ceremony, which was hosted by Peter Sagal of NPR's Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me.
Listener information is available at http://thirdcoastfestival.org/