The Oscars are Hollywood’s top award for recognizing achievement in film – and of course, fashion. On today’s show: why some actresses are bucking against the red carpet parade.
Then, for most of us, the prospect of winning a million dollars is a daydream, but for Justin Peters, it was just two right answers away. He’ll explain how losing Who Wants to Be a Millionaire changed his life for the better.
Plus, a conversation with artist, writer and filmmaker Miranda July.
Listen to the full show and click Read more for individual segments.
Red Carpet Revolt
- Cara Buckley is culture reporter for The New York Times, where she wrote the article: “On The Red Carpet, a Revolt Builds Over Pageantry”
The Upside of Losing a Million Dollars
- Justin Peters wrote about losing on the game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire for Slate: “I Wanted To Be a Millionaire.”
- Producer Josie Holtzman brings us the story of a man who never outgrew his childhood dream to go to space.
- You can listen to this story again at PRX.org.
- Miranda July is an artist, a writer, a filmmaker, and whatever else she decides she wants to be. Her new novel is called, The First Bad Man.