Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- The Polish Princess: Baking Bread And Helping The Economy One Job At a Time
Thu August 8, 2013
3 Winning Powerball Tickets Sold: 2 In N.J., 1 In Minnesota
Originally published on Thu August 8, 2013 10:43 am
If you haven't gotten in touch recently with relatives in New Jersey and Minnesota, this might a good time to check on how they're doing.
Three winning tickets for the Powerball lottery's latest big jackpot — $448.4 million — were sold. One was purchased at a still-unknown location in Minnesota. Two were bought in New Jersey — one "at the Super Stop n Shop store on Summerfield Boulevard and Route 522 in South Brunswick and one at Acme Markets on Route 9 South in Little Egg Harbor," according to The Star-Ledger.
The winning numbers in Wednesday night's drawing: 05, 25, 30, 58, 59 and Powerball 32.
It was the third-largest jackpot in Powerball history. The only larger ones: the $590.5 million won in May by a senior citizen in Florida and the $587.5 million split between two winners in Missouri and Arizona.
A quick check of our archives shows we've got a growing list of stories about lottery winners — some of whom have been luckier than others. Here's a sampling: