Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Books News & Features
Wed February 27, 2013
6 Books On Shortlist To Win Oddest Title Prize
Originally published on Wed February 27, 2013 7:37 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer with contenders for oddest book title of the year.
Six books are shortlisted for the British Diagram Prize including histories, "How Tea Cozies Changed the World. Also, how-to books, "Goblinproofing One's Chicken Coop" and "How to Sharpen Pencils." The competition coordinator says you can't judge a book by its cover. But I think people do. The winner will be announced on March 22nd.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.