Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed April 10, 2013
AG Pick Foster Praised At Confirmation Hearing
Former State Senator Joe Foster is a bankruptcy lawyer who has never prosecuted a case, but his confirmation as N.H.'s highest law enforcement official looks assured. Former colleagues of both parties hailed his judgment and legal knowledge. Foster now manages the McLane law firm and says he well understands his new role would be different.
"You role as a lawyer is to represent your client, and that’s what I did at the law firm. You role at the law firm is to represent the people of N.H. and that’s what I am going to do, I am going to look out for their interests."
Foster told councilors AG’s should be “consultive” with Governors but that all legal calls on cases would by his own. He also promised to recuse himself from all matters involving his old law firm for what he called an appropriate amount to time.