Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Mon June 16, 2014
Agencies Requesting $227M For Capital Projects
Gov. Maggie Hassan is opening hearings on $227 million in capital spending requests from New Hampshire agencies.
The hearings open Monday and conclude Tuesday morning on the requests that the next governor and Legislature will consider. The final decision on the spending won't be made until June 2015, but the requests reveal what the agencies consider their priorities.
The total spending rises to $376 million when borrowing paid for with federal and other funds are taken into account.
The requests range from money to repair roofs to improvements at state parks.