Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Fri March 7, 2014
AG's Office Concludes Investigation Into Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams
The Attorney General’s office plans to announce the findings of its investigation into Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams next week, after Reams is able to attend his mother’s funeral on Monday in Nebraska.
Reams was also originally scheduled to be in court in Concord on Monday for a hearing related to his suit against the AG’s office and the Rockingham County Commission. That hearing has now been postponed to April 7th.
Reams has been under investigation since November for his use of funds forfeited for criminal convictions.
He has alleged all along that the AG’s office stripped him of his prosecutorial power in November without the authority to do so. Last month he announced he will not run for reelection.