Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Thu November 10, 2011
Airport Access Road Set to Open
Governor Lynch and other New Hampshire politicians were on hand to dedicate the newly completed Manchester Airport access road.
The new, two mile stretch of highway connects the airport to both the Everett Turnpike and Route 3.
Planning for the road began about 25 years ago.
Now that it’s done, the Department of Transportation estimates people will be able to shave about 10 minutes from their drive to the airport.
Governor Lynch applauded the efforts of construction crews to finish the bridge three years ahead of schedule and was optimistic about the economic opportunities that will follow:
“In addition to providing a direct link to the airport this road provides access to a thousand acres of land right here in Londonderry ready for economic development, and economic development we will see.”
The road cost about 175 million dollars, with fifteen million coming from the Federal stimulus act.
The new stretch of highway opens to the public tomorrow on Veterans day.