Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Is Party Company 'FinnaRage' To Blame For Keene Riots?
- Keene Police Release Riot Photos, Ask Public To Help ID Suspects
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
Tue February 21, 2012
America, Beyond Our Means
We talk to the author of a new book who says that Americans spend too much, save too little and borrow excessively and that we might look to countries in Europe and East Asia, where governments encourage thrift and saving rates are much higher. We’ll examine the financial habits of people on three continents over two centuries and what we might learn from it.
- Sheldon Garon - Professor of History at Princeton University and author of “Beyond Our Means: Why America Spends While the World Saves”