Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- From Gertrude Stein To Andy Warhol: Dramatic Readings Of Famous Rejection Letters
Thu November 3, 2011
America's Failing Grade On Child Abuse
Child abuse in America. A national report says more children in the United States die from abuse and neglect than kids in any other industrialized democracy, with a child maltreatment rate three times that of Canada and eleven times higher than Italy. We’re looking at this issue both at the national level and in New Hampshire. What’s driving these numbers, and where progress is being made.
- Jim Hmurovich: the President and CEO of Prevent Child Abuse America