Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Around the Nation
Tue May 15, 2012
Amusement Park Rider Conquers Battle Of The Bulge
Originally published on Tue May 15, 2012 9:51 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene. People who are overweight often say there was that final moment - that's it; I'm sick of it. I'm making a change.
For Nat Ambrose, it was last year at King's Dominion, the Virginia theme park. He tried to get on his favorite ride, Volcano the Blast Coaster, but the harness wouldn't fit his 300-pound frame. He lost 30 pounds in a month. Tried again, still couldn't squeeze in. Finally, nine months later, 105 pounds lighter, Nat Ambrose has conquered the Volcano.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.