Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Thu October 10, 2013
Andrew Bacevich's Breach Of Trust
In a new book, Bacevich claims that Americans have failed their soldiers and their country, by entering conflicts he calls “unwinnable”. A U.S. Army veteran, Bacevich also examines the disconnect between those who fight the wars and the rest of the country. He says national defense must return to idea of “We the People”.
Andrew Bacevich: professor of history and international relations at Boston University, and retired U.S. Army officer of twenty-three years. He has written several books, including Breach of Trust, Washington Rules, and The Limits of Power.
*Andrew Bacevich will be speaking about his book at The Music Hall on Tuesday, October 15 at 5:30 PM, presented by the World Affairs Council of NH. Tickets are available here.
Monadnock Summer Lyceum