Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Thu October 10, 2013
Andrew Bacevich's Breach Of Trust
In a new book, Bacevich claims that Americans have failed their soldiers and their country, by entering conflicts he calls “unwinnable”. A U.S. Army veteran, Bacevich also examines the disconnect between those who fight the wars and the rest of the country. He says national defense must return to idea of “We the People”.
Andrew Bacevich: professor of history and international relations at Boston University, and retired U.S. Army officer of twenty-three years. He has written several books, including Breach of Trust, Washington Rules, and The Limits of Power.
*Andrew Bacevich will be speaking about his book at The Music Hall on Tuesday, October 15 at 5:30 PM, presented by the World Affairs Council of NH. Tickets are available here.
Monadnock Summer Lyceum