Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Thu October 10, 2013
Andrew Bacevich's Breach Of Trust
In a new book, Bacevich claims that Americans have failed their soldiers and their country, by entering conflicts he calls “unwinnable”. A U.S. Army veteran, Bacevich also examines the disconnect between those who fight the wars and the rest of the country. He says national defense must return to idea of “We the People”.
Andrew Bacevich: professor of history and international relations at Boston University, and retired U.S. Army officer of twenty-three years. He has written several books, including Breach of Trust, Washington Rules, and The Limits of Power.
*Andrew Bacevich will be speaking about his book at The Music Hall on Tuesday, October 15 at 5:30 PM, presented by the World Affairs Council of NH. Tickets are available here.
Monadnock Summer Lyceum