Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Word of Mouth - Segment
Thu January 19, 2012
Andrew Jackson…A Musical?
Without using Wikipedia (now that you’ve made it through the one-day withdrawal) tell me: who was America’s 7th president? Stumped? I’ll give you a hint. He’s on the twenty-dollar bill. Still not sure? Then I’ve got the musical for you. Expressed through the angsty tones of emo and punk-rock, structured like skit comedy, and shorter than the shortest harry potter film – Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson is a lesson in American history built for a post-MTV generation. The show enjoyed a brief but well-received stint on Broadway in 2009 – now, the contemporized tale of 1829’s populist president comes to New Hampshire. Jamie Feinberg is the founder of Not Your Mom’s Musical Theater Company, which is premiering Bloody Bloody tonight at the Amato Center in Milford.