Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Meet Peter Biello, NHPR's New 'All Things Considered' Host
Word of Mouth - Segment
Thu January 19, 2012
Andrew Jackson…A Musical?
Without using Wikipedia (now that you’ve made it through the one-day withdrawal) tell me: who was America’s 7th president? Stumped? I’ll give you a hint. He’s on the twenty-dollar bill. Still not sure? Then I’ve got the musical for you. Expressed through the angsty tones of emo and punk-rock, structured like skit comedy, and shorter than the shortest harry potter film – Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson is a lesson in American history built for a post-MTV generation. The show enjoyed a brief but well-received stint on Broadway in 2009 – now, the contemporized tale of 1829’s populist president comes to New Hampshire. Jamie Feinberg is the founder of Not Your Mom’s Musical Theater Company, which is premiering Bloody Bloody tonight at the Amato Center in Milford.