Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Sun May 26, 2013
Annual Moose Hunt Lottery Deadline Nears
It’s that time of year again when hopeful hunters apply for the New Hampshire Moose Hunt Lottery.
Mark Ellingwood at NH Fish and Game says only 275 Granite Staters will win a permit to hunt moose in the state, out of about 14,000 applications. The deadline for applications for those 275 permits is Friday, May 31st.
Ellingwood says the lottery is the fairest way to allow hunting without destroying the moose population.
Allocation of permits is driven by the best available science regarding the status of population relative to certain regional goals which are largely established by public input.
Ellingwood says the computerized random drawing will take place with much public fanfare on Friday June 21st.