Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Wed May 8, 2013
Another Look At Social Security
Social In-security! President Obama has said he’s willing to make changes in the nation’s safety-net system for the elderly…as part of overall efforts to reduce the debt. But he’s getting lots of criticism for it…especially from his liberal base. We’ll examine the President’s ideas….including a controversial proposal to use a new measure of inflation called “chained CPI”.
- Marc Goldwein - Senior Policy Director for the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, a bipartisan, non-profit organization that works to educate the public about issues that have a significant fiscal policy impact.
- Stephen Gorin - Professor of Social Work at Plymouth State University, chairman of the NH State Committee on Aging and Executive Director of the NH Chapter of the national Association of Social Workers.
- Phillip Moeller - contributing editor for U.S. News & World Report, where he writes The Best Life blog and also co-authored the 2012 U.S. News’ e-book, “How to Live to 100.” He also is a research fellow at the Sloan Center on Aging & Work at Boston College