Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Fri November 15, 2013
Anthem Extends Renewal Date For Customers Who Want To Keep Plans
Anthem Blue Cross says it’s extending the renewal date for customers who buy individual policies. The state’s largest health insurance company informed brokers earlier this week that current policyholders who want to keep their plans will have until the end of the month to renew, a two week extension from the original deadline of November 15.
The New Hampshire Insurance Department agrees with the move, but in a statement says it continues to weigh how to respond to President Obama’s announcement Thursday that states now have the option of allowing all canceled insurance plans to be extended into 2014, including plans that don’t satisfy the stricter new protections outlined in the Affordable Care Act.