Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Tue July 8, 2014
Application For Portsmouth Cell Tower Withdrawn
AT&T has decided to withdraw an application to install a 130-foot cell tower in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, after residents voiced their opposition.
The Portsmouth Herald reports staff attorney Brian Grossman said AT&T is re-evaluating its network priorities, including the best way to improve wireless coverage within Portsmouth.
The company said, though, that customer demand is growing. It says 70 percent of its customers have smartphones and the amount of data handled by the national networks doubled between 2011 and 2012.