Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Wed June 20, 2012
Are Op-Ed Pages Sexist?
With some notable exceptions of course, when you’re the local newspapers op-ed page, you’re liable to see a deliberate balance of material from both sides of the political aisle. What you won’t see apparently, is a representative proportion of writers by gender… except for a few female dominated subjects, a surprising majority of op eds are written by men. Catherine Orenstein is founder and director of the Op-Ed Project, a group that’s been studying the issue and working to increase the range of voices in our opinion pages