Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue April 17, 2012
Are Railroads Off Track for NH?
Rail hits another road block in New Hampshire. A recent vote by the Executive Council rejected federal money to study the possibility of linking Boston’s commuter rail to Nashua and Concord. Advocates for rail say it would help boost the region’s economy and serve thousands of commuters, but others say the cost is prohibitive and doubt whether the ridership is there to support the service.
Peter Griffin: President of the New Hampshire Rail Road Revitalization Association.
Matthew Coogan: Director of the New England Transportation Institute. He's a former Undersecretary of Transportation for Massachusetts.
We'll also hear from...
Alderman Brian McCarthy of Nashua
Chris Sununu: Executive Counselor for District 3, which covers the seacoast.