Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Tue April 17, 2012
Are Railroads Off Track for NH?
Rail hits another road block in New Hampshire. A recent vote by the Executive Council rejected federal money to study the possibility of linking Boston’s commuter rail to Nashua and Concord. Advocates for rail say it would help boost the region’s economy and serve thousands of commuters, but others say the cost is prohibitive and doubt whether the ridership is there to support the service.
Peter Griffin: President of the New Hampshire Rail Road Revitalization Association.
Matthew Coogan: Director of the New England Transportation Institute. He's a former Undersecretary of Transportation for Massachusetts.
We'll also hear from...
Alderman Brian McCarthy of Nashua
Chris Sununu: Executive Counselor for District 3, which covers the seacoast.