Most Active Stories
- 'Archer' And The Loud Comfort Of Rhythm
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
- Beleaguered Rehab Company Quietly Sells Most Of Its N.H. Programs
- Push For O'Brien As Majority Leader Rejected; O'Brien To Form Alternative GOP Leadership Team
Word of Mouth
Thu April 3, 2014
The Art Of The Emoji Translation
While researching our story on why there isn't a hot dog Emoji (it's more complicated than you think), we came across the interesting phenomenon of people translating things into Emoji. Here are some of our favorites:
Some guy raised over $3,000 on Kickstarter to publish an Emoji translation of Moby Dick.
"Each of the book's approximately 10,000 sentences has been translated three times by a Amazon Mechanical Turk worker. These results have been voted upon by another set of workers, and the most popular version of each sentence has been selected for inclusion in this book. In total, over eight hundred people spent approximately 3,795,980 seconds working to create this book. Each worker was paid five cents per translation and two cents per vote per translation." From emojidick.com
Those poor souls...but the work paid off, Emoji Dick is now in The Library of Congress.
Beyonce's Drunk in Love
I didn't realize Emojis could be NSFW, but this video makes me blush.
Game of Phones
The opening theme to Game of Thrones 'Emoji-fied'. Prediction for the next emoji petition: Direwolves.