Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Sat September 21, 2013
ATV Riders Killed Saturday Were From The North Country
The two ATV riders killed Saturday in separate accidents were each from the North Country, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game.
The first accident occurred on South Hill Road in Colebrook about 1:15 when David Howe, 40, of Colebrook was killed when he rolled his ATV.
The second accident occurred a little more than an hour later on the Dixville Peaks Trail where Clifton Scott, 79, of Stewartstown missed a turn. His ATV also rolled.
So far this year three ATV riders have died in accidents in New Hampshire.
In August a 56-year-old tourist was killed in the southern part of the state near Fremont when the ATV on which she was a passenger hit a tree.
Four people have died in ATV accidents in New Hampshire in roughly the last four years, according to records from New Hampshire Fish and Game.
For NHPR News this is Chris Jensen