Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
- Northern Pass Gives $3 Million To Conservation Projects
Mon November 28, 2011
Back to the Deficit Drawing Board
The Bi-Partisan Congressional Super-committee failed last week to reach a deficit reduction agreement. That means automatic spending cuts kick in, in twenty thirteen…and President Obama says he’ll veto any attempt avoid those. We talk with two economists about what this all means…and about the rocky political and economic roads ahead.
- Slaughter - Associate Dean of the MBA Program and the Professor of Management at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. He also served as an economic advisor in the Bush Administration.
- Eugene Stuerle - Fellow at the Urban Institute and a former Senior Treasury Department official during the Reagan Administration who helped lead the tax reform effort of 1986. He also served as an advisor to President Obama’s Debt Commission.
We'll also hear from
- Matt Laslo - NHPR Washington Correspondent.