Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri August 15, 2014
The Battle Of The Super PACs
Even if you haven’t heard of Super PACs, you’ve seen an ad funded by one. These “independent-expenditure only committees” can raise and spend unlimited amounts of money as they attempt to influence American politics.
Overall, Super PACs have raised roughly $300 million in the 2014 election cycle and already spent a third of it.
Now, there is a new movement by some of the Super PACs to try and stop the cash flow into American politics.
- John Carroll, Here & Now media analyst and professor of mass communication at Boston University. His blog is “Campaign Outsider” and he tweets @johncarroll_bu.