Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Fri August 10, 2012
Bears With Taste For Beer Have Quite A Night In Norway
"Drunk Bear Family Downs Over 100 Beers During Bear Rager."
Given our fondness for stories about pick-a-nicking bears, we couldn't resist that Gawker headline.
Just two days after seeing video of the bear who raided a Colorado chocolate shop, we're reading today that "a family of bears is suspected of having broken into a cabin in northern Norway and polished off over a hundred cans of beer," The Local writes. The newssite adds that:
"They had a hell of a party in there," cabin owner Even Borthen Nilsen told NRK. "The cabin has the stench of a right old piss up, trash, and bears."
Now, if you'd like to see a different — more natural — side of bears, check the Katmai, Alaska Bearcam from explore.org. Hit it at the right time and you might see a brown bear catch a salmon.
Which would go pretty well with a nice lager, come to think of it.