Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Word of Mouth
Wed September 5, 2012
Beating the Lunchbox Blues
Back-to-school season means new notebooks, pencils, and pens, and for at least one very lucky kid – a brand-spanking new lunchbox. J.M. Hirsch is food editor for the Associated Press – he’s also the man behind the Lunchbox Blues Blog, where he documents each and every meal he packs for his son, Parker. It’s filled with beautiful photographs of creative, healthy, sometimes odd lunches, and adorable anecdotes about the life of a growing boy. We wanted to know what’s going into Parker’s lunchbox these days, and what food trends are playing a part in the larger conversation around cuisine, so we asked J.M. to play hooky for an hour and share his lunchbox with us.