Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Tue July 9, 2013
Belmont Man Charged With Killing Mother, Brother
New Hampshire prosecutors are charging a man with hacking to death his 59-year-old mother and 39-year-old brother in a Belmont home in May.
Officials say 31-year-old Shawn Carter of Belmont was arrested Tuesday and charged with killing his mother, Priscilla Carter and his brother, Timothy Carter on May 23 or 24 in their home on Sunset Drive.
The medical examiner's office determined Priscilla Carter's cause of death was multiple chop wounds and blunt force injuries, while Timothy Carter's cause of death was multiple chop wounds. The office did not say what kind of weapon was used.
Shawn Carter is expected to be arraigned Wednesday at Laconia District Court.