Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Sun February 2, 2014
Berlin Woman Killed: Second Snowmobile Fatality In A Week
A Berlin woman was killed Saturday night in a snowmobile accident, the second time in a week that there’s been a fatal snowmobile accident in the North Country.
Lucie Gagnon, 58, was killed just before 10 p.m. at Success Pond when she hit an embankment and large tree, Fish and Game Conservation Officer Mark Ober reported in a news release.
“Mrs. Gagnon suffered severe trauma as a result of the crash and died at the scene,” Ober said.
Investigators said Gagnon was returning from Maine with her husband. She had been riding snowmobiles for thirty years and was wearing a helmet but it appears “speed was a contributing factor.”
Earlier in the week Pauline Robinson of Hudson died as a result of injuries received in a crash in Pittsburg.