Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
Sun February 2, 2014
Berlin Woman Killed: Second Snowmobile Fatality In A Week
A Berlin woman was killed Saturday night in a snowmobile accident, the second time in a week that there’s been a fatal snowmobile accident in the North Country.
Lucie Gagnon, 58, was killed just before 10 p.m. at Success Pond when she hit an embankment and large tree, Fish and Game Conservation Officer Mark Ober reported in a news release.
“Mrs. Gagnon suffered severe trauma as a result of the crash and died at the scene,” Ober said.
Investigators said Gagnon was returning from Maine with her husband. She had been riding snowmobiles for thirty years and was wearing a helmet but it appears “speed was a contributing factor.”
Earlier in the week Pauline Robinson of Hudson died as a result of injuries received in a crash in Pittsburg.