Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Fri August 10, 2012
Best Coast On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon September 24, 2012 5:29 pm
Best Coast is known for simple, beachy pop songs, but the L.A. duo's new album The Only Place steps up the production quality significantly. Singer Bethany Cosentino and multi-instrumentalist Bobb Bruno are driven by shared appreciation: Crazy For You and the new record both showcase the pair's infectious love of California.
The band's profile rose significantly between those two albums, as Cosentino designed her own line for Urban Outfitters and collaborated with Iggy Pop in a song called "Let's Boot and Rally" for the HBO show True Blood. Here, Best Coast joins World Cafe host David Dye to talk about success and play four songs from The Only Place.