Most Active Stories
- Power Outages Surge Across Granite State, Thanksgiving Travel Disrupted By Storm
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
Fri August 10, 2012
Best Coast On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon September 24, 2012 5:29 pm
Best Coast is known for simple, beachy pop songs, but the L.A. duo's new album The Only Place steps up the production quality significantly. Singer Bethany Cosentino and multi-instrumentalist Bobb Bruno are driven by shared appreciation: Crazy For You and the new record both showcase the pair's infectious love of California.
The band's profile rose significantly between those two albums, as Cosentino designed her own line for Urban Outfitters and collaborated with Iggy Pop in a song called "Let's Boot and Rally" for the HBO show True Blood. Here, Best Coast joins World Cafe host David Dye to talk about success and play four songs from The Only Place.