Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Biden in Rochester
Thu January 26, 2012
Biden Presses for Manufacturing Jobs
Vice President Joe Biden visited a Rochester manufacturing plant to tout the administration’s economic policies. Biden was upbeat, saying America is in the best position to continue to be the dominant economic power in the 21st century.
Speaking at Albany Engineered Composites, the vice president said the country should change tax law to reward companies that bring jobs home from overseas operations.
"We're committed to boost the trend," Biden said. "We're not the job creators. And the best way to do that is to shed the policies of the last ten years that have encouraged investment to go abroad. And discourage investment to be here. That's not anti-business. It’s pro-business.”
Biden also promoted programs that directly link classes at community colleges and universities with advanced manufacturers like the one in Rochester.