Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
Mon July 2, 2012
Big Spending on Youth Sports
From toddler gyms to travel leagues, the author of a new book says companies are increasingly targeting kids, creating a highly profitable youth sports economy. And the effects can be damaging, he says, leading families to overspend and kids to lose sight of the life lessons that sports can bring. We’ll take a look at this trend – its causes and effects.
Mark Hyman – Longtime sports journalist and professor who writes often about the business of sports, sports and law, and about the role of adults in youth sports. His new book is The Most Expensive Game in Town.