Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- N.H.'s Martin Luther King Jr. Day Didn't Happen Without A Fight
Thu June 19, 2014
Bike Week Looking Bright
Bike week has arrived in the Granite State once again, and the forecast for the 91st annual rally is bright. And local vendors anticipate a record New Hampshire Bike Week on more than one front.
At first, local vendors were worried about turnout. Last year rain and lower temperatures overshadowed the week.
But, Laconia Bike Week Association director Jennifer Anderson says New Hampshire businesses need not fear:
Anderson: It's going really well. We're very, very happy with the crowds. It can sometimes be challenging the year after a big anniversary to see the larger crowds. But because the weather has just held up so nice.
Local vendors agree, saying sales and crowd volume has been high. Laconia Police say the atmosphere has been "calm" with one major vehicle accident Thursday morning. Bike Week ends Sunday, June 22 at 5 pm.