Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Sun September 29, 2013
Body Found In Piscataqua River Likely Missing UNH Student
New Hampshire police are investigating the discovery of a body in the Piscataqua River that matches the description of a University of New Hampshire student who went missing nearly two week ago.
Police say the body was discovered Sunday morning near Prescott Park in Portsmouth.
In a statement, the university said the body has not been positively identified, but a preliminary review suggests it might be a first-year UNH student who lived on campus and was last seen near the park on Sept. 17.
The university says foul play was never suspected but police were concerned for the student's well-being.