Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Around the Nation
Mon May 19, 2014
Boy Tries To Win Over Girl With A Foul Ball
Originally published on Tue May 20, 2014 7:46 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with highlights from a Toronto Blue Jays/Texas Rangers game over the weekend. A young fan sitting near third base snagged a foul ball. He immediately turned around and offered the ball to the young woman sitting behind him. She was caught on TV looking charmed and flattered. What she didn't know is she had been had. The boy had given her a ball he already had in his hand. He kept the real foul ball hidden in his glove. The TV announcers called, quote, "The play of the game."
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.