Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Nashua Runner Races Boston Marathon For Beloved Guide Dog
- Meet Peter Biello, NHPR's New 'All Things Considered' Host
Mon February 17, 2014
Brenda Wineapple's Civil War Book, Ecstatic Nation
By Laura Knoy
In this new approach to the Civil War, Wineapple provides the reader with a sense of the passions and tragedies of the era, including character studies of the vibrant and flawed personalities behind the scenes.
- Brenda Wineapple – teaches literature at both New York's New School University and Columbia University. Wineapple is also professor of modern literary and historical studies at Union College. Her previous book is White Heat: the Friendship of Emily Dickinson and Thomas Wentworth Higginson.
Word of Mouth
Around the Nation
Word of Mouth - Segment