Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon February 17, 2014
Brenda Wineapple's Civil War Book, Ecstatic Nation
By Laura Knoy
In this new approach to the Civil War, Wineapple provides the reader with a sense of the passions and tragedies of the era, including character studies of the vibrant and flawed personalities behind the scenes.
- Brenda Wineapple – teaches literature at both New York's New School University and Columbia University. Wineapple is also professor of modern literary and historical studies at Union College. Her previous book is White Heat: the Friendship of Emily Dickinson and Thomas Wentworth Higginson.
Word of Mouth
Around the Nation
Word of Mouth - Segment