Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Mon January 27, 2014
Bribery Trial To Begin For Ex-New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin
Originally published on Mon January 27, 2014 7:25 am
A high-stakes public corruption trial starts in New Orleans on Monday. Former Mayor Ray Nagin faces federal criminal charges in what prosecutors describe as a series of schemes to profit from his position. He's accused of taking more than $200,000 worth of bribes from businessmen who won lucrative city contracts when he was in office.