Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Mon January 27, 2014
Bribery Trial To Begin For Ex-New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin
Originally published on Mon January 27, 2014 7:25 am
A high-stakes public corruption trial starts in New Orleans on Monday. Former Mayor Ray Nagin faces federal criminal charges in what prosecutors describe as a series of schemes to profit from his position. He's accused of taking more than $200,000 worth of bribes from businessmen who won lucrative city contracts when he was in office.