Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Tue October 23, 2012
Bridge Designers Envision Giant Trampolines
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Why walk across a bridge when you can bounce across it? That's what one architecture firm had in mind with its concept for a new bridge in Paris. It looks like a puffy white snake that would cross the River Seine. Pedestrians would bound across the famed river on three giant inflatable trampolines. The idea took third place in a design competition, but, as of now, it is still in the concept phase. Some people might hope that's exactly where it stays. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.