Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Mon September 24, 2012
Bringing Back Noir...for the Tablet
For many, the noir genre lived and died in those smokey, black-and-white films and pages of dog-eared pulp fiction in the mid 20th century. Now, a Kickstarter project led by long-time magazine veterans Nancie Clare and Rip Gorges aim to give the noir genre the digital age treatment, with video, animation and rich media. Also with us is Megan Abbott, author of Dare Me, and editor-at-large for Noir Magazine.