Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth - Segment
Wed February 8, 2012
Building a Better Best Friend
Writer Evan Ratliff looked into the science behind breed development of the most diverse animal on the planet – the beloved dog. By combining and accentuating traits, breeders have leap-frogged evolution, developing hundreds of breeds in a few hundred years. Evan joins us with more on the findings of Can Map -- a project that’s revealed the genetic makeup of canine traits, and may help scientists better understand human diseases and disorders.