Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Thu July 12, 2012
United To Place Major Order With Boeing
Originally published on Thu July 12, 2012 12:21 pm
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a giant deal for Boeing.
It's a big deal that would be worth billions of dollars for Boeing. United Airlines is set to buy about 100 of its planes - the single-aisle 737s. Boeing would still be behind Europe's Airbus when it comes to new orders for the next generation of narrow body jets.
Today's announcement on United's Boeing purchase has long been rumored. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.