Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- From Gertrude Stein To Andy Warhol: Dramatic Readings Of Famous Rejection Letters
Thu July 12, 2012
United To Place Major Order With Boeing
Originally published on Thu July 12, 2012 12:21 pm
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a giant deal for Boeing.
It's a big deal that would be worth billions of dollars for Boeing. United Airlines is set to buy about 100 of its planes - the single-aisle 737s. Boeing would still be behind Europe's Airbus when it comes to new orders for the next generation of narrow body jets.
Today's announcement on United's Boeing purchase has long been rumored. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.