Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth
Tue July 10, 2012
Businesses with Bennies
News last month that trading losses at JP Morgan chase may be much larger than previously reported – possibly topping nine billion dollars. The number provides ammo for advocates of more stringent financial regulations… and for 99 percenters, proof that corporate greed is running amok…and running the system. A number of progressive, socially responsible corporations are seeking designation as b-corps – or benefit corporations. Several states have already legislated incentives for B-Corps. Katie Kerr works in communications at B-Labs, the non-profit behind B-Corps.
A few of the Certified B-Corps in NH: