Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Around the Nation
Thu October 17, 2013
Businesses, City Relieved By Return Of Federal Workers
Originally published on Thu October 17, 2013 5:54 pm
It was back to work Thursday for thousands of federal employees in Washington, D.C., following the end of the 16-day government shutdown. The return to work was also a relief for business owners and city officials, who have been hurt by the loss of income from federal workers and tourists.