Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Thu November 17, 2011
Cain Returns To N.H.
Republican Herman Cain is back in NH today. The visit is his first since early October. NHPR’s Josh Rogers reports.
A lot has changed for Herman Cain in the last 5 weeks. The former businessman has faced sexual harassment allegations, and was videoed as he struggled to answer a basic policy question on Libya. Cain told reporters in Concord that he remains strong in the polls and said getting out of the race was never an option.
“If what has happened to me and us at this point is enough to cause you to step down then you should not have gotten into the race, you’ve got to be tougher than that.”
Cain said he planned to return to NH often between now and the primary but allowed that former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has a big lead in local polls.