Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Around the Nation
Thu September 5, 2013
Calif. Gov. Debates Changing Who's Eligible For Jury Duty
Originally published on Thu September 5, 2013 6:58 am
The California legislature passed a bill that would allow lawful permanent residents to sit on juries. Governor Jerry Brown has until Oct. 13 to sign the bill into law. If he does, California will be the first state to allow non-citizens to perform jury duty.