Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- From Gertrude Stein To Andy Warhol: Dramatic Readings Of Famous Rejection Letters
Around the Nation
Thu September 5, 2013
Calif. Gov. Debates Changing Who's Eligible For Jury Duty
Originally published on Thu September 5, 2013 6:58 am
The California legislature passed a bill that would allow lawful permanent residents to sit on juries. Governor Jerry Brown has until Oct. 13 to sign the bill into law. If he does, California will be the first state to allow non-citizens to perform jury duty.